1. Sky Tower, Auckland, New Zealand.
The Southern Hemisphere’s tallest building…and a glass floor elevator!! A good enough reason for anyone to look down in the elevator.
2. Falkirk Wheel, Scotland, UK
What do you do when you have canals with drastically different heights? You build a boat elevator of course!
3. CN Tower, Toronto, Canada
Until the Burj Dubai came along, the CN Tower was the world’s tallest freestanding structure. The elevator travels at an impressive 22 feet per second, and the entire view is unobstructed during the ride.
4. AquaDom Elevator, Berlin, Germamy
Hey, let’s put the elevator in an aquarium and make it a tourist attraction in its own right. Kind of looks like the engine room from Star Trek, doesn’t it?
5. IM Pei Louvre Elevator, Paris France
This elevator is within the pyramid entrance to the Louvre. While there’s nothing special about the ride itself, the overall presentation is pretty slick.
6. Bailong Sightseeing Elevator, Hunan Province, China
Probably the coolest view of any elevator. The rugged nature of the scenery makes you forget you’re on an elevator.
7. Eiffel Tower Second stage elevator, Paris, France
It looks and feels like you’re going straight up on a giant roller coaster. Just look away from the rust.
8. Rockefeller Center Glasstop Roof Elevator, New York, USA
The glass roof of the elevator let’s you truly appreciate the 70-story height of the building.
9. Burj Dubai Construction Elevator, Dubai, UAE
The building is nowhere completion but already it’s nearly twice the height of the Empire State Building. This must be one hell of an interesting ride for the construction workers building it.
10. Tapai 101 Elevator, Tapai, Taiwan
Supposedly the worlds fastest elevator. Watch how fast the floor numbers change.
11. Burj Al Arab Hotel Elevator, Dubai, UAE
Spectacular blue view all the way down. You wouldn’t expect anything else from a 7-star hotel.